View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2015, 20:28   #26
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffWW View Post
Hi Brian,

Having had an Insignia in my last three month of employment before retirement in 2010, your entry was of more than normal interest to me.

Looking through the above entries, no one has mentioned the "electric button handbrake". I am sure that whoever was involved in the design and approval testing had never tried it out on a steep hill. The handbrake was either "fully on" , or "fully off" , allowing nothing from the 'handrake' for the co-ordination of clutch and throttle control to obtain a smooth take-up of power when doing a hill-start.

I also hated the "adjustable knee support" strip across the front edge of the seat

Also, if I remember correctly, there was a problem with the rear tailgate. Whenever it was opened whilst covered in rain droplets, these ended up pouring down the tailgate window to the hinge end and spilling over into the load area. You think we similar have problems with our Tourers. Ours is a few spots compared to the Insignia's deluge.

it was my new car brian had a drive of, the adjustable knee support is on the sri, mine is an se and doesn't have them, as for the handbrake when i took it down to show my dad he has a very steep drive and i very nearly put it through his garage door until i realised if you hold the handbrake button it will stay on untill you release it. i like my new car and hope it will be a lot more reliable than my k turbo, but when i get out and lock the doors i don't turn and look at it like i did with the zt and it'll never recieve the love and attention the zt was given. but sadly the mgzt/75 are getting old now and won't last forever
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote