View Single Post
Old 9th March 2021, 07:41   #19
newhavenhibby
Avid contributor

JDM Subaru Legacy GTB6 twin turbo,, JDM Subaru Impreza WRX

Think it was always going to happen especially after the "journey" Rangers FC have had in the last 10 years. This is hard for a non football person to grasp.

It has happened in Liverpool and Leeds last year and at numerous smaller clubs. Last month the streets and river walk in Tampa were rammed after the Bucs Superbowl win. St Johnstone fans gathered outside The McDiarmid stadium after the League Cup win.

My biggest gripes ( especially concerning a club the size of Rangers) which I touched upon were the Police responses the day before at Ibrox during and after the St Mirren game ( and even at Livingston the previous Wednesday ) and the lack of official statements from the Club ( something they are known to be very good at.......it beggars belief!) for the weeks building up to the day they officially won it. ( Sunday) Then to let their players go and celebrate with the fans after the Saints game was irresponsible at this time. On the Sunday the gathering at Ibrox and the city centre was an inevitable consequence but again to allow the players to all meet at the training ground where fans could also gather was irresponsible in these covid times. Up to the Sunday no arrests / fines were issued so where was the deterrent and a firm Club stance?

One thing to be thankful for is that they won last weekend and didn't confirm it a week on Sunday by winning it at Celtic........now that could have been carnage. There are already leaflets circulating telling the Celtic support to be there and defend their statues and shops. ( damage occurred to at least one over the weekend) I believe the authorities will look into certain actions to be taken for this game.

As I said yesterday I don't want to descend into a slanging match on this, a car forum , so I will leave it there.

However one final thing to say is well done to the 'gers fans who were ashamed enough at the damage caused by their fellow supporters to set up fund pages to get things repaired though I doubt much will go to the Celtic Shop Lets hope an unseen damage isn't going to be a covid spike. As Duncan said all clubs, large and small,have an element of support you can do without.........we certainly do!

Last edited by newhavenhibby; 9th March 2021 at 13:43..
newhavenhibby is offline   Reply With Quote