View Single Post
Old 9th July 2019, 21:21   #20
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool We done a Jumbo jet.....................

............................................... of miles and she never missed a beat. 747 miles covered and she ran as sweet as always. We hit Warp Factor 3 and a bit on out trip home from Weymouth. Banana pulled like the proverbial train. Gave an Audi a run for her money. We even got a wave from the driver as we parted company near Exeter.

The trip from Michaels to Weymouth was pretty straightforward, usual holdups on the M25 but clean most of the way. Onto the M3 and again no hold ups. Stopped at Winchester services for a sarnie and a drink, plus a wee. Carried on towards Weymouth. I was running well early so I knew a visit to the Bill was on the cards. Traffic started to get heavy around the Wimborne area. But Banana was running ok except for the outside temperature sensor. It started to fluctuate a lot.

Once I was on the Tolpuddle by pass I stopped in a lay-by and phoned Matt. He said not to worry about the sensor, he would sort it next time he saw ole Yella.
Carried onto to Portland Bill. A mobile crane was travelling ever so slow on the way up with a line of cars following. But Banana took it all in her stride, the fan did cut in a few times but once we parted company with the crane all was ok again.
Parked up at The Bill and with camera in hand I walked towards the pillar on the Bill.

I always touch the pillar, my way of remembering when I used to go there with my Dad. I then took some photo’s of the flat calm sea. Wandered into the Lobster Pot for a bottle of water before returning to the car. I set the sat nav up for my trip to Ian n Jans.

To be continued, tired now.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote