View Single Post
Old 9th July 2019, 08:03   #18
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Well I never.....................

.................................... knew that Laura knew so many pubs.
We left the flat and ventured into the nearest pub. Aspall’s on draught, again. And Laura had a glass of red wine. We were not impressed with the pubs food menu so we left there and walked along to another pub, this time on the main road. Here the food menu was a bit more detailed. Laura went off to phone Ollie whilst Michael and zi ordered the Tapa’s and the Nacho’s as we was going to share. We got Laura another glass of wine, I stuck with the cider but Michael switched to the Estrelle, a lager type beer.

Laura came back and said that she might return to the family home later in the evening. So I said my piece, that Ollie was now the man of the house and that he should be sorting out the issues and not leaving everything to Laura. After all along with his sister they both run their own companies. This is life, you cope as best you can. Families need to work together.
Looking at Michael and Laura’s faces I was not sure I should have said all that, but it was how I felt about the issue.

Michael agreed with me and Laura threw her arms around me and gave me a big kiss and a hug. She totally agreed with me. And so the pub crawl commenced. We went to two other pubs before stopping off in the Washington in Belize Park where we had a steak meal. By now Michael was a bit tipsy, Laura was still drinking the red wine and I was still on the cider.
After a long chat she phoned Ollie and said that she was returning to the flat and not to the house. She explained that she needed a bit of time on her own.

I insisted that we walked Laura back to her flat before Michael and I returned to the station. Once back we said our goodbyes I walked up the street a bit so that Michael and Laura could have a few minutes together.
Laura ran up the street to me and gave me a hug and a kiss and thanked me for my speech. She did not want to let go, mainly because her hair was caught in my glasses. Oh! How we laughed.
She left us and went indoors.

And we found our way back to the station. Got on the train where Michael promptly fell asleep. I just sat there and reflected on the evening. Was feeling a bit tipsy myself. Once the tube emerged from the tunnel into the open air my mobile buzzed. A text from Laura thanking me for a lovely evening, signed off with loads of kisses.
I had to wake Michael as we approached Totteridge station.
We then wandered back to the house in the cool of the evening , and I still had my £5 paper hat on.

Cup of tea before bed, need to take my tablets. Then my head hit the pillow and I never stirred till 8am this morning.

Thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 9th July 2019 at 08:05.. Reason: Spellin’
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote