View Single Post
Old 8th July 2019, 10:01   #16
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Oil and water checked.....................

......................................... along with the tyre pressures and the washer bottle topped up. Then recovered Banana from the overgrown garden and took her along to the Shell garage and topped up the tank. She is now already for our homeward trip tomorrow. The shop at the garage is a Waitrose so I was able to get a nice bunch of flowers for my Val.

Stopped off at the cemetery on my way back to the house. Missed out on a few insignificant anniversaries this year, but now I’m here I can make up for it. I had packed away in the car before leaving home a small pair of secateurs so that I could trim the flowers. There is always a watering can by the tap at the cemetery so no need to carry any extra water.
I walked down the remote path and turned right near the end, down the slope to where my Val lay.

Michael only ever comes here twice a year but when I’m here I like to tend the grave, Val’s Mum and Dad are here as well. Cleaned around the grave, cut the grass, threw away the remnants of the old flowers and plants. Trimmed the new flowers and spoke my words that I have been storing up in my head. Told Val about the New house. But I know she has already “seen” it. I often feel her presence within the house or smell her perfume.
Once I had said what I had to say then picking up the rubbish I made my way back. Rubbish in the bin and watering can topped up and put back by the tap.

Then back to Michaels to park Banana up.
We are off to my niece’s new flat today. Not expected till 15.30. So we are going to take a leisurely walk across Hampstead Heath, have a spot of lunch at Kenwood House then onto Laura’s flat.

Many thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote