View Single Post
Old 7th July 2019, 21:33   #13
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The rain is certainly different...................

.......................................... London compared to Cornwall.

Early start for me this morning, out of bed at 6am to get ready for the Macmillan Nurse Charity car show at Clandon Hall Park. Michael made a brief appearance on his way to the kitchen to get his tea. I drank mine and loaded Banana up with my camera gear. And it was raining.

Set off with our lights on towards the A1, sat nav was on. We had the postcode, and I checked it on Google maps. Sadly my sat nav didn’t agree with that. Anyway the M25 was quiet and the traffic running smooth. And the rain was getting heavier. Past Heathrow ok and onto the A3. Still the sat nav was working ok. Still raining.
I followed the sat nav directions and it announced I had arrived at my destination. Someone’s driveway, and with that it shut down. The sat nav’s attitude was “I’ve got you here, please do not ask me anymore”. Wonderful, and it was still raining.

But not one to give up I carried on. Got to a t junction and turned right, saw a sign for Clandon Hall and as went down the hill so Keith 24 and John drove towards me. So obviously I was going the wrong way.spun round at the bottom and tore back up the hill. And it was still raining.
After 3 or 4 U turns I finally found the show. Still raining but was easing. Keith and John were cleaning there cars, in the rain.
Banana parked up. And I started cleaning her, in the rain.

Soon the others pulled in and Peter, our leader, was soon getting the 16 cars into some sort of order. Only Rick and I were the only ZT’s. Outnumbered again, but we held our ground. And it was now drizzling. Lots of interest about my new home, lots of photo’s were shown. Meanwhile Cliff gave Banana the once over, he checked everywhere for the orange peel effect on the paint job. He looked at it from every conceivable angle. But just passed his careful eye.

The rain started to ease, and then that Yellow orb appeared in the sky. Went from being cold and damp to getting sunburnt.
You can read about the show on the Clandon Hall thread in the events page.
Banana was in her element, all the kids were out and sitting in the back. She had her show “Yellow” mats fitted. Her screen banner was on.

The show was good with a vast amount of various makes of cars. But we had the most cars on our stand with the Ford Granada’s coming in second. We bought our raffle tickets. The sun was beating down and before you knew it the raffle was being called and we was packing away.
We said our goodbyes, and I made arrangements with the New Owner of Redfive about the collection. Oh! Did I not mention he was at the show.

Found my way back onto the A3 then the nose to tail slow crawl on the M25 all around to the M40 then the traffic eased and Banana was able to lift up her skirts and Warp Factor 3 was achieved.
Parked up on the driveway just after 6pm.

Not sure what is happening tomorrow but Banana will get the water, oil checked and refuelled ready for our epic return journey to home via Dorset.

Thanks for reading.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote