View Single Post
Old 6th July 2019, 20:49   #11
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool So there I was giving travel directions....................

...................................... to a party of Americans at Leytonstone station this afternoon. Not bad for a bloke living in Cornwall eh!. They were lost, well and truly lost. Still with some help from me plus showing them how the tube map works they were soon on there way back to there hotel in South London.

Both Michael and I set off together at 09.30 this morning, he was going to a transport bazaar in Chiswick and I was going to visit my cousins in Hackney East London. Last time I saw them was at there Mum’s funeral in January 2016. A few phone calls have kept us in touch. But I thought I would make the effort on this visit to go and see them. It riles me that over the years it has always been me that had to go and see them. The last time they visited the flat in Barkingside was my Val’s funeral in 2011.

Still I don’t expect to see them again for sometime. Chances of them coming down to Cornwall are highly unlikely. Still at least I made the effort. Left there place at about 3pm and headed to my next appointment in Barkingside. I had to change trains at Leytonstone hence my meeting with the Americans. They all said thank you for helping them out.

Soon on my way to meet up with my mate Bob, we have known one and other for almost 40 years. I got to the pub and he wasn’t there yet. So I ordered some food, not eaten since breakfast. Burger n chips in the Wetherspoons is cheap and cheerful. Filled a hole.
Then Bob turned up just time to buy the beer. Handy that. We sat and chatted over a pint or two, well three actually. But no more for me as I had a 2 hour tube train with no loos on any of the stations.

We said our goodbyes, again unless I come up to London we will not meet again. Bob does drive to Herefordshire to go on holiday but that’s it. We’ll keep in contact by letter. Again Bob does not have a mobile or a computer.
Whilst we was in the pub it rained. I had no coat or brolly. But when I left it had stopped. Started again when I got off the train at Totteridge But not bothered as it’s only a short walk home.

When I got to the house Michael was eating his dinner. We had a chat about our day. I got the full story about the delays that Michael had encountered on his trip. He said that he had not bought any books at the bazaar but looking on the table there seemed to be some books I’ve not seen before. Still, that’s down to him what he buys.

Now the day is coming to an end. I’ve got a early start tomorrow to get to the car show at Clandon Hall. According to Google it’s roughly a 2 hour run. I’ll need to get some Banana juice first.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote