View Single Post
Old 12th August 2018, 20:18   #8
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Nothing, and I do mean nothing would persuade me to have a Chinese MG ever.

I still have images of the SAIC representatives sitting patiently waiting for the fire sale, rather than investing in MG Rover as was.

Three cylinder turbo dragging around a huge bloated ugly body, I'd rather take the bus thanks

Brian
Not really a fire sale as anything of importance was already signed over to Nanjing, bad business on the old owners not to realise what they had already sold. SAIC the current owners had nothing to do with what happened. The three cylinder turbo unit performs really well, as good as any built by Ford, Hyundai and Vauxhall etc, well maybe not Vauxhall as they use the MG unit. The 1 litre 3 cylinder turbo actually has 111 bhp which is one more than our 2.0 turbo diesel MINI so rather capable really. If anybody dislikes the cars that’s fine but please, have a go in one and see what they are really like and you might be surprised.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 12th August 2018 at 21:56..
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote