View Single Post
Old 9th January 2018, 19:14   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Don’t forget your rights to a correct diagnosis and to the correct treatment. If your not happy Wes, ask for a 2nd or even 3rd opinion. With my bad leg it took me 3 attempts to find a surgeon who would agree to operate and who also had the right skills. Good luck on Thursday.

ps My heart is in great shape. I had to have the leg bypass because I had an embolism and blood clot 5 days after doing a long haul flight. The blood supply was blocked from the knee below and the foot went gangrenous - nothing to do with heart at all
Thanks for the clarification Phil, I can stress a little less.

Getting the correct diagnosis has taken 10 years and I still dont even have a diagnoses yet. Its near-enough impossible to get an appointment with my GP, but to be fair, he has fast-tracked this Ultrasound appointment through.

I phoned the hospital to confirm the appointment today, and they had a cancellation so I'm booked in for this Thursday.

My wife has taken photos of my bits showing the large dark veins incase the veins go down, the swelling has got to be the cause of the pain. This would make sense as I've done more than my fair share of heavy lifting, standing all day long, plus weight training many years ago...

This sounds so obvious to me... Copy and paste...
A spermatic cord holds up each testicle. The cords also contain the veins, arteries, and nerves that support these glands. In healthy veins inside the scrotum, one-way valves move the blood from the testicles to the scrotum, and then they send it back to the heart.

Sometimes the blood doesn’t move through the veins like it should and begins to pool in the vein, causing it to enlarge. A varicocele develops slowly over time.

Last edited by Dallas; 9th January 2018 at 19:17..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote