View Single Post
Old 19th February 2020, 05:53   #445
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Now I can be fussy..................

..................................... so and so at times. If I’ve paid a lot of money for something and it’s not up to my liking or how it should be, then I’m complain, and complain till it is put right. (a bit like the ongoing disagreement I’m having with AM Restorations concerning Banana’s paintwork, but that’s another story).

But on occasions if something is wrong then I’ll let it go, if it is a small issue. Let sleeping dogs lie, as the saying goes.
So with many false starts concerning my bathroom shower installation, I was starting to get annoyed with the various plumbers who promised to come round and give me a estimate. None of them bothered to show up or give any reason why.

Then my friend Debbie gave me the name of the plumber who was fitting a wet room in her bungalow. She was really impressed with his work. So why not? Everything else had failed, so far.
Duncan phoned me and arranged a day and time to come and have a look. And he turned up on the day at the right time. I told him what I wanted. So after measuring up and telling me the various options we settled on a deal. He would email me a quote through.
That came through after 3 days. Yup! I was happy with the estimate, he had broken it down into sections. This was the final quote if he had any extra work he would swallow the cost within reason. Seemed ok to me.

I asked if he wanted a deposit up front but he said no that would not be needed for such a small job. Complete bathroom makeover then yes to a deposit. So if everything ordered and a date set for the work to start. Here we hit a stumbling block as the shower tray had yet to be delivered. Job was due to start on the 12th February but actually got started on the 13th.
The bath was an absolute pig to remove. Andrew who had installed it, previous house owner and remember he works for Princess Yachts, so it had been put in with additional anchor points, as you would on a luxury yacht.

Each day Duncan was here he made sure that I had full access to every part of my house. He put dust sheets down on all the carpet areas including the stairs. If I needed the loo then I only had to say and he would go and sit in his van. Each day as he packed up the dust sheets were folded up and taken out front to be shaken. Then he would come back in and vacuum everywhere he had worked. He also took any rubbish away. So it was not untidy. The only things he left behind each day was one tool box, the vacuum cleaner and any panels that still needed to be fitted.

And now I have the most amazing shower installation done. Blooming lovely it is as well. Duncan also fitted me a LED ceiling light to replace the dull yellow light. Oh! My! How bright it is. Only after he had finished, and that I was happy, would he take payment. A cheque would be fine, and with a receipt given he was gone. But before he went he said that he would pop back next week to check that everything was ok and to my liking. And I like very much.
No more climbing over the bath to have shower, no more catching my foot on the side.

So if you need a plumber, and you live in Cornwall/Devon or Somerset then I can highly recommend Duncan. Pm me for his phone number.

Thanks for reading. I’ll post some pictures up later on.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is online now   Reply With Quote