View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2019, 11:17   #28
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T16 View Post
Am I the only one who isnt impressed with all these tales of being followed then seemingly ONLY being "pulled" for a chat because the fuzz was a fan of the vehicle?

The Police are there to do a job, not pull over cars and bikes they like the look of to have a chat. W.t.f is going on?

Either A) They have apparently got the time to do this and abuse their position in pulling people over who have not contravened a single law, or B) They are letting lawbreakers get away with things in lieu of focusing on cars they fancy a chat with the owners about.

Either way is not something I would be happy about.

"Hi Mr T16, we just pulled you over because we like your 260/whatever, dont see many of these"

"Er OK thanks, you dont. Now ***k off and let me get on with my day please"

There's a phrase about “You can’t understand someone until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.”

I'd be the last person to want to walk a mile in a Police Officer's shoes with everything they see and the sort of people they have to deal with.

I'm very happy that they have a bit of quiet time when they can do some positive PR with general motorists knowing that if they are needed for an urgent incident they'll be instantly heading off into something almost certainly unpleasant, dangerous and potentially life threatening.

Respect to them.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote