View Single Post
Old 16th July 2017, 16:53   #289
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Yes, but as said the plenum will be soaked when it rains anyway, so your probes will be and giving false warnings of flooding, unless you can find a normally dry and shielded place to install the probes.

Yes I agree the plenum gets water passing through it. Did you know that water is a fantastic insulator? It is the salts and the TDS that makes it conduct. The electrodes have to be in a puddle of water to activate the alarm. So as long as the drain is running free you never get the puddle required to activate the alarm.
If what you are suggesting was the case then both my cars would be having false alarm activations. Thankfully I have never had a false alarm in eighteen years but have once had an alarm due to a blockage of the drain hose, so I am happy that the system works.
As I said I clean and blow through the drain every year when I change the cabin filter. Every other year I take the opportunity to change the PP3 battery so I can be confident that the alarm will function. I fitted this to my first launch car and have fitted it to every other 75 I have had since. Have even fitted for others to give them piece of mind. So I know the system works.
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote