View Single Post
Old 17th June 2018, 16:47   #225
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Well at least the smoke alarm works..................

............................................. Don't know what the cleaners cleaned the grill with but flippin' 'eck, I never used to see that much smoke when I used to cremate the toast back at the flat.

Had another good nights kip. So after breakfast, cereal again. The model car collection needed unpacking. Got the Rolls-Royce collection, 21 cars, put out. Other than the MG collection everything else is in the lounge. There are few cars that need a bit of TLC. Even one of the Pocher Lamborghini's needs work.

Took me something 6 hours to sort everything out, and another 6 empty boxes are now stacked away in the shed. There are 3 boxes that have the empty model boxes in. One box contains spares or repairs.
I still have six 1/12th scale Jaguar XJ220's to get out to show. There are 3 out already including the East Midlands Police Car. There is another one of those, plus a Scottish Police car, the district escapes me but it is a Limited edition complete with certificate.
There is also a competition version, in Yellow. 3 more cars in plain colours and a further one which is in kit form.

Dinner time loomed up. Now you must understand that since 1982 I have only ever used a electric cooker at the flat. After we lost Dad my Mum wanted a electric cooker. Then when Val moved in she was happy to keep using the electric one. We even bought a new one, never liked this one.
After Val passed away I persevered with the perishing thing. Had the grill repaired twice and the oven once, element problems.
I let the insurance lapse as I intended to replace the cooker.

It knew what I had done 'cos the oven packed up completely. The grill and hot plates worked ok still. So I bought a halogen cooker to replace the non-working oven. Jan Goldson, Ian's better half, had one and loved it. You could cook anything in it. Very true, I cooked a roast, meat, taters and veg.
But now the halogen is redundant as I have a gas cooker with a nice oven to use.
Hence the smoke alarm going off when I used the grill. Ended up with the kitchen window and the front door open to dissipate the smoke.

Still dinner was nice. Chillin' with a beer now.

No going back now...........................

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 17th June 2018 at 16:49.. Reason: Spellin'
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote