View Single Post
Old 16th June 2018, 20:16   #224
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
................................. Model car collection back with me.

Slept well and woke up to see it raining. Meant the bag of garden rubbish would be a pain to move. So after breakfast, cereal again, I put together a shopping list. Got all the rubbish ready, including a few empty bottles. Quite a bit of cardboard to go as well. Made another cuppa just as the postman arrived, so I sat down and read my mail, and another "Welcome to your new home" card.

Just washed up when Allen and Val arrived, they had come round to put my curtains up. Upstairs was not a problem only two windows wanting new curtains. The spare room has an old set up. Not bothered about that.
The downstairs French windows were a bit of a pain. The wooden pole was filthy, another minus point for the letting agents. There are racking up. We knew the curtains would be too long, so Val is going to bring her machine round to shorten them.

So after another mug of tea my guests left as they had shopping to be done but said they would come back in the afternoon when Matt and Shirley would be here.
I loaded Redfive up with the rubbish and off to the tip I went, then I would pop into 'B&M's' to get some shopping. Only trouble was when I got to the tip I remembered I had left my shopping list plus bags back at the house. So once the rubbish was sorted I returned to the house to collect the forgotten items.

Into 'B&M's' and done my shopping, incoming text message from Matt telling me that they would be with me by 2pm. So shopping paid for and home we went. Put everything away and hot on with some vital paperwork and it was still raining, but it was summer rain, it's warmer. The time soon zoomed by and Matt n Shirley was here. And they brought me a house warming present, a clock with a funny logo plus another card to add to the mantelpiece. Kettle on, tea made and we sat and chatted. Then Allen and Val came in. More tea then!

With Allen, Matt and I we unloaded Grovey, another 14 boxes to be unpacked, mainly my model collection. For the first time since I bought them I would be able to get my Rolls-Royce collection put on display. Once done then we had another cuppa and sat and chatted. I showed everyone my wild cat photo album, pictures of the cats at Smarden Wildlife centre in Smarden Kent. ( A good day out but a wee bit expensive but worth it). Then my visitors had to go. I thanked Matt nShirley for storing my boxes plus my present. I might see Allen tomorrow.

After my dinner I set about getting the models out of there boxes and out onto display. With 21 Rollers on display plus a few other cars I decided to stop till tomorrow. Plenty of time to get everything out and I was feeling somewhat tired. So I'm now chillin' out with a pint of "Golden Hen" the Speckled Hen's little sister.

No going back now.........................
I am having a bottle of Ruddle's Best tonight, but have a bottle of "Crafty Hen "for tomorrow.