View Single Post
Old 6th October 2019, 12:18   #25
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Indeed, but the situation with Pab's car had the aircon fan pulsing at the (low) brush-wear compromised 'medium' speed. Which though unusual is logical.
In the OP's case, the aircon fan is running continuously at some speed or other, yet the low and medium speeds have, apparently, failed. The high speed motor brushes are proving some engine cooling at 112C, so what mechanism is switching them in for the aircon demand?

TC
Indeed a strange one.
I can recall a different members car 2.5 v6 and that had symptoms of when the A/C was switched on there was a slight delay of 10 to 15 seconds before the fan started on a slow speed with no pulsing on and off. I thought twas a most unusual action until I opened the relay box to find a pcb .

But back to the case in hand, if this is the correct fan and relay then what is happening would indicate a lack of signal from the ecu to the relay box wouldn't it? Yet the temp sensor must be working to allow THE OBD to show temps???

Hope dave6 comes back with more info so we can help diagnose this one, it's interesting

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote