View Single Post
Old 12th January 2019, 22:23   #6
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeRich View Post
I'll be watching this thread with interest as I too have that rare combo of 1.8T and autobox.

Have you checked there are no air/vacuum leaks?

Hi Richard,

Yeah, it's an excellent combo when all's working as it should. Unfortunately, mechanics these days seem extremely unwilling to do what I'd have thought was some relatively straightforward diagnostic work (for any decent professional).

I've checked all the vacuum hoses and don't see any issues with them. Plus, the misfire happens before any boost comes in i.e. at relatively modest throttle input. This makes me think it might be injectors, as the engine just feels "starved" when applying the throttle. Although there are some quirks to the auto box (change up from 3rd and 4th happens far too soon in normal driving + slight revving between 4th and top), I believe these are separate issues that will hopefully be helped by solenoid change + a complete ATF swap. The car had sat for the best part of two years before I started driving it circa 2010.

Just finding the time to carry out these tasks can be a pain..

Will definitely keep the forum (if not this thread) updated if I find any solution/s, though.

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote