View Single Post
Old 16th October 2016, 23:50   #1
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts
Exclamation Freelander TD4 aka "Road Monster"

Well ive had to make a tough choice recently with the 1.8 freelander needing a clutch, and few other bits for next MOT ive decided its not worth while repairing it and im going to be breaking my freelander 1.8 for parts....

Needing a semi daily load lugger (I hate using my tourer like a van or going to dump in it etc) so i decided I needed another. LOL. Pics are from advert. TD4, manual, van full bulkheads etc, with removalable roof and also sunvisors lol. Bit rough, and needs some work but will be ideal for me. Gonna be something special with little effort!

Be a good project aim to have it road legal by end of november, tyres and rims going into her from old one. 30mm hubcentric spacers ordered also as this one has the big brakes that my old one didnt.

Well what I'm up against. Two days of cleaning the interior (and its still not done, seat steam clean next imo) and we now have a clean van!!

(rear end tailgate has been smashed before purchase)

Steam clean next for the seats, had been used as a farm runabout, chicken feed, horse manure, much and dead things throughout. Whole thing was frankly stinking.

And it continues. Firstly an essential mod. A radio. All £13 worth lol. You can also see the hard to find freelander dash cup holders, which are a nice touch of luxury in a van environment. You think RHD 75 cup holders are expensive, lol, I got these for £40 because they had parts missing, anywhere between £60 and £150 for LHD sets due to a piece of rubber region specific.

To go with the ariel a nice shorter but amplified bee sting unit, again pulled off my old freelander. Feel strange to be stripping what is essentially a decent parts car.

Then I went a bit mad and bought a 3rd freelander.....

LOL!

But cant beat it for two quid. And it gave my freelander its nice name, Road Monster!

Trail fitting of 30mm spacers,very impressed with them, much better quality than I had suspected. Easily as good as my H and R setup I had a few years ago. Plus black so win, then spacers removed and brake lines cleaned up etc for mr mot man, and then disc / hubs cleaned and sprayed up.

Went a bit wild with the spray paint, had to clean it off front discs before fitting spacers as was in a rush before the rain started! Typical norn iron.

And basically her completed now. Service kit arrived today at last, and waiting on the back door being removed from other silver doner car, after that shes off to MOT!

Shall do a remap on her sooner or later also.

Freelander = £150
Spacers = £120
Service kit = £30
Cup holder £40
Radio = Free (owned)
Rims and tyres = Free (owned)

If she passes MOT I will be a happy man.

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 2nd August 2017 at 02:58..
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote