View Single Post
Old 8th September 2021, 12:46   #10
Eddy600
Loves to post

Rover, MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
A very interesting person is Bruce Dickinson.
I believe one of the reasons he became a pilot was to assist the band on touring to some less popular destinations - I may be wrong but I'm sure I heard that in an interview.

He has a great voice but like a lot of metal singers, Rob Halford, Ozzy Osbourne, Ronnie James Dio, Ian Gillan and so on is overloaded and dismissed as being too shouty
Ian Gillan is Bruce's idol he told a tale of being in the recording studio when Ian Gillan turned up but Bruce had to much wacky backy and beer and had to go off to the gents to vomit then Ian comes in to check on him and gets Bruce into a taxi

I believe it was Bruce's Grandad who served in ww2 as a pilot that got him interested in aviation.

Another interesting fact it was the drummer Nicko Mcbrain who had a pilots license first and whilst doing his lessons flew 4 of them off the Isle of man or Wight can't remember which, obviously over laden with gear and people the instructor got out and pushed the plane to get going and had to jump back in once gaining enough speed.
Eddy600 is offline   Reply With Quote