View Single Post
Old 1st August 2019, 18:30   #84
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Perhaps in the interests of experimentation?

You don't have some financial interest in Spraymax do you?

Well, I thought it was quite obvious (what you were saying, but then you were speaking english ) . I dont know how many times you asked with no answers coming forth. I can recall ruining a model when I was younger using a cellulose spray paint.Sometimes it is just nice to ask 'Why?'

I am glad you are willing to take the time to experiment. Particularly as you have an opportunity to find a suitable alternative product that does not necessarily have shiny things painted onto a can. Perhaps even discover the reasons behind why certain products fail, react or damage our lenses (I would suggest the reason yours reacted was grease or dirt - tack cloth prior to paint?). Then those with an interest in our cars can learn how not to make mistakes whilst running headlong into something. It is quite obvious some of us dont have the experience nor ability to find out for ourselves, even if we claim to.

The cling film you spoke of earlier, I wonder if that was someone trying to describe a clear film product? Whilst cling film would reduce some UV, it would likely blow off at speed, certainly would sag whilst wet, no use with headlight washers lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote