View Single Post
Old 19th April 2019, 12:43   #33
EdgarDonaldBalls
Avid contributor

MG ZT CDTi XPower Grey

Superglue can usually be removed with a solvent, i have used electrical contact cleaner before because it was the only solvent I had to hand. you will have to be careful that what ever you use doesn't react with the plastic of the fascia though. Super glue it's self can react with some plastics too so even if you can remove it, you may still have some staining.

Based on the research I have done in the last week, The head unit should automatically switch to the reverse camera if it's been installed properly, there should be a trigger wire connected in to the back of the head unit. It seems to me that he has wired yours for power to the reverse lights but may not have connected the trigger wire to the head unit. There could be something in the settings to enable it, if it has been wired in correctly.

Are you hearing any sound at all from the unit? seems odd that it looks like it's playing music but making no sound. there could be something hidden in the android settings to set different volume per app.

If you can connect to wifi, try a different music player app and see if that makes some noise. I use Poweramp on my phone and tablet so will probably use it on the head unit too.

My head unit should hopefully arrive today so may get a chance to try it over the weekend.
Born Friday, 9th April 2004 @ 09:54:49
This vehicle was the 14,388th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 2,491st ZT CDTi + (135) to be made out of 4,184
This vehicle was the 2,113th ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs

Last edited by EdgarDonaldBalls; 19th April 2019 at 16:58..
EdgarDonaldBalls is offline   Reply With Quote