View Single Post
Old 29th May 2018, 12:20   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stopen97 View Post
Hi!

I'm looking to change cars - I currently drive a 1.0 3dr Fiesta (was first car so as boring and basic as can be!) and want a saloon with some poke. I'm 22 and have had the Fiesta since I was 17, and looking at insurance on a V6 190 ZT it's not totally insane - however I'm a little unsure about selling the Fiesta - will it count as taxable income as I paid very little towards it and so will technically profit from selling it? I've checked out these income calculator sites (https://www.after-tax.co.uk/) but can't get my head around it so was hoping someone here could advise.

Now the ZT - around how much are you paying for maintenance, MOTs, tax, basically anything that isn't insurance? Would be greatly appreciated

Cheers!
Any vehicle you have owned for > six month and has been registered in your own name can be sold without being liable for tax on the sale

In regards to your choice of car, beware there are an awfully large amount of money pit cars out there, and the V6 models have a thirst that will make your eyes water

Take your time in choosing the right car, and you will have a nice time owning it, choose poorly maintained examples at your peril, what seems cheap, will be cheap for a good reason

Have fun and welcome aboard

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote