View Single Post
Old 12th June 2014, 11:51   #19
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
It sounds impressive, but are there any copyright issues or has this been already sorted? I and many others have had knuckles wrapped for merely discussing the RAVE CD, so exporting the T4 as a distributable virtual machine must be inviting excommunication. Are the user licences being sold by Xpart/Catapillar/Omicon or who? Will I be buying original software? Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I need to know.

TC
Virtual T4 is a standalone software product in it's own right, solely developed by Phil-T4.

The front end interface at the moment is utilising standard RDS software, which of course as we both own standard T4 machines is perfectly legal and no infringement of copyright exists.

So the only "virtual" part, is the emulation of the electronic handshaking of the actual T4 interface, for which there are no copyright issues.

So there is nothing stopping you purchasing a legitimate copy of RDS 5.06, and DST0006V directly from Omitec, and running Phil's software and hardware in conjuction with it

On saying that, the finished product will have it's own custom front end interface

Brian