View Single Post
Old 8th May 2014, 11:30   #87
Radioguy
Banned

None

Hi John

First I want to recruit you as a fitter if possible?
Second we have those cables that are mention below
I never thought about applying them to the 75's as we currently use the BMW Adapter but really as I think about it there are no fakra adapters in the MG R's so they would probably be a bit of a waste. We currently just extend the aerial for the AM/FM . And there are some wires to change for the AMP which Harry and some others kindly worked out a few years ago,

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by john.youens View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am looking at getting a couple of Android DD Headunits and just want to throw a couple of questions out there.

I have been installing Dynavin and equivalent head units for years into Hi Line BMW's and I'm going to ask you all a daft question.

When i install in a BMW with Hi Line and HK i would us a 5m BMW Fakra Extension Kit, these would cost around £40 and extend the original Hi Line connections from the boot to under the dash, this lets you keep all the HK equipment installed as is for Hi Line units. The HK Amp usually has speaker level input rather than low level so this works perfectly with aftermarket units.

Seeing as my ZT 260 & 190 both have Hi Line systems in and use basically BMW Cabling using this method should make everything work perfectly as it does in the BMW, the only thing i couldn't remove to sell from the car is the Hi Line Harness.

Sorry about the ramble but your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

John
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote