View Single Post
Old 24th February 2012, 17:27   #1
Petetourer
This is my second home

None at present

Default Re map now complete

Hi all...

As some of you may of read, I got a bargin remap on an E bay auction for £99.00

Well today was the day to get it done, so after doing some work in Peterborough I made my way to Northampton to meet Richard....

Had a good chat with the guy first and found out that he has been writing re maps for around 8 years for other companies. He has now decided to go it alone hence some of the bargain maps appearing on e bay, as he says they are good advertising and he often gets calls from them asking for a Buy It Now price...

So onto installing the remap... He actually did a custom map for me and it took him around 45 mins to write it up.. He asked a few questions regarding what I wanted and then cracked on . He then after some problems loaded it on the the car.. For some reason my car would not let him load the map, he explained that once in a blue moon he finds a car that wont except the remap unless the battery if giving out 14 volts So after attaching a Jump pack onto the car the map loaded fine...

So off for a test drive. Straight away it felt like a different car!!! It pulls very strongly now and pulls for longer. It is significantly faster as a result. I had an hours drive home and most of it was spent with a huge grin on my face

I cannot comment on how it has effected economy yet, but he says that once I have stopped playing with the power (probably never ) It should be the same as it was before if not slightly better....

So after another chat, he told me that he has a rolling road on the way and is still in the process of setting up the garage. I have left him my card so that when it is complete he can give me a ring. He is planning on doing cheap dyno runs to start with to bring in business, and I am seeing this as a possible future Midlands/Southcentral meet Once he has contacted me I shall be in touch with the relevant RS's to see what interest there may be....

So there it is.... I am a very happy Bunny!!!

Then a 2002 MG ZT-T CDTI + in Starlight Silver

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.5 V6 180 + in Royal Blue

Then a 2002 Rover 75 2.0 CDTi Connie SE

Then a 2003 ZT-T 2.0 CDTi + In Le Mans Green
2004 1.8T ZT-T + In Goodwood Green

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Petetourer is offline   Reply With Quote