View Single Post
Old 18th March 2021, 12:40   #540
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool The grass out at the front.............

........................ was looking a bit neglected. Not my job to cut it, that’s the council’s job. But since I have lived here they have never cut it. So as the sun was out and it’s very warm, currently 19 degrees, I thought I would give it a trim. I still have my old electric mower, which Allen gave me when I first moved down here. Dug out an old extension lead, last used when I lived in Barkingside.

Now the grassed area is sort of a triangular shape and it’s all on a slope which drops away suddenly if you are not wary. It’s caught me out a few times but I’ve worked out how to cut the grass without falling over. The old mower hasn’t got a grass box so I just let it blow away in the wind or the birds come and take some to pad out there nests.

Using my shears I tidied up the edges. Looking neater now. So took everything back into the garage then indoors for a coffee and some lunch. But a friend phoned so lunch was on hold although I did make my coffee. After chatting to my mate we said our goodbyes. The doorbell rang, not expecting anyone or any deliveries. Opened up to find my neighbour Kelsey standing there. “There you go Bob, a nice hot steak pasty from the Bullers Arms in Landrake”. Took me by surprise but I thanked her and she said, “Thank you for cutting the grass it looks so much better. You are such a lovely neighbour to have”. Pretty sure I must have blushed. (The Bullers Arms is a pub doing take away food)

And as she went to go indoors she turned and said to me, “When this is all over I’m going to give you a great big hug”. You don’t get an offer like that every day.
So lunch was sorted. And I have to admit it was one of the best pasty’s I have ever eaten. The only one to beat it was the one Val, Allen’s wife, made me a few years back. That was bloomin’ ‘andsum.

I have the most amazing neighbours down here.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

Keep safe and we’ll catch up soon.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 18th March 2021 at 12:46.. Reason: Additional information
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote