View Single Post
Old 20th February 2021, 12:45   #538
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool We have news from England

Just come off of the phone with news that Elizabeth is breathing without the ventilator. She is still very ill but is fighting back. I'm now in contact with Tim's father, I did send a card of condolences concerning Tim, with a note enclosing my phone number. Both Tim's Mum and Dad are devastated about the loss of their son. But they are looking after the baby so it helps to stop them dwelling on there loss. The funeral is next month.

Roger is still in New York, and his family are also in quarantine in Barbados. On top of that they all are going to be sent back to Brazil when it is safe to do so. I've no idea why but I'll not get involved. I'm no longer in direct contact with Roger but am getting the information via Tim's Dad. Again I have no idea why I cannot contact Roger direct.

My laptop crashed with a virus so I took it to a chap who lives in Liskeard, highly recommended by a lot of locals here in Saltash. Used the Bear to get there, about 12 miles from me. Steve was quite taken by the Bear, another person who had no idea the V8's existed. He used to own a Trophy Blue V6 but sold it as it was too thirsty. The laptop was back with me within 24 hours. The hard drive has been replaced. The laptop is a different machine, works a whole lot better. OK so it cost me £125 but I get two years warranty with the repair.

My new guttering has certainly worked well with the amount of rain we have had.
Been out walking in between the rain. Done quite an ambitious walk to Salt Mill Park. Only took 25 minutes to get there but an hour to get home. Downhill going and uphill all way home. It's the first time I have ever been to the park. Right on the banks of the Tamar.
When I first moved here to Saltash I wanted to walk over the bridge and back into England. I cheated by leaving the car in the car park.

So my 2nd walk to the bridge was all done by walking from home and back. So I set off, just as I got close to the Fire Station I saw Val in her car, she has personal reg on the car. She saw me and waved. I carried on walking up past Saltash Football ground, then past the Police station, past the library and down the hill past Victoria gardens where the war memorial is. Then I was in Fore Street, our high road. Walked all the way down into Lower Fore Street past the Heritage Centre and past the Guildhall. You have go this way to access the footpath over the bridge.

Once on the bridge their is a cycle lane. There is a solid barrier on the right which runs about a third of the length of the bridge, this acts as a windbreak. But once past that then the wind hits you, I stopped to take a few photo's, and I was glad I had put my thick coat on. I walked right across then turned back to retrace my steps home. Just as I got off the bridge the heavens opened up. Right then I'll get the bus home. It finally stopped raining and as there was no sign of the bus I carried on walking home.

Just as I got to the Fire Station I saw a very distinctive MG ZTT in BRG. It was Allen, we waved to one and other. Now what's the chances of seeing both Allen and Val by the Fire Station within two hours of one and other. If I had not waited for the bus then I would have missed seeing Allen.
Got home OK, kettle on and made some tea. Felt OK, no aches and pains, well not till the next day when I hardly could not move.
Still the exercise done me good.

That's all for now.

Keep Safe.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote