View Single Post
Old 24th September 2019, 18:35   #1014
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Well boys and girls we have arrived home safe and sound from our weekend ...

(Jake/Gary hope you get the Dark Fantasy ZT recovered and repaired quickly)
What a fabulous weekend with all you lovely lot who time after time proved to be the best friends in the world plus we had gloriously sunny weather of 25+ every day..
So a MASSIVE THANK YOU for the endless laughter, for lifting our spirits when Jan and myself were just a bit disheartened with things, for giving us the honour of leading the convoy into the show on Sunday and especially for your generosity and kindness after Jan discovered the loss of her purse. [/B]

Thank you to Trikey who came up with this madcap idea to start with

Also special thanks to all our continental friends who made the effort to join us at Boxtel (35 ZTs and 75s in total)
Thank you to Eric for helping with insurance forms and arranging the lunch stop.

Thanks to the lovely Netherlanders who waved, smiled and shouted
"De Britten komen " as we drove through the Dutch countryside with the UK and Dutch flags flying.

A special mention for the the young man in the Belgium registered Fiesta who drove alongside the convoy twice with camera in hand filming us on the way to the shuttle yesterday, I did worry about his safety a couple of times..

I'll also be sending emails of thanks to Olaf at the Classic Park and the Hotel De Ruwenberg..

I've said for months that this would be the last event that I would have a hand in arranging but as some of you know I have already been chatting to our Dutch friends about another visit to their wonderfully friendly country next year, so you never know.
Thanks again everyone..
Official photos from Classic Park here https://www.oypo.nl/nl/8c479dbc370c1c71
I'll sort some of my own in a day or two
Hugs from Jan and myself..
What are you two like, losing your room key and then Jans purse, an age related thing.

Rev
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote