View Single Post
Old 18th March 2019, 12:02   #8
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Use an expert who is qualified to advise you. A couple of years ago I needed a child seat for my ZT-T. I chose what I thought would be suitable on size fitting etc with a price in mind. When I went to purchase the child seat expert was called and asked me what car is was for as well as all the relevant question about the child. She went on the computer and told me that the seat was not suitable for a ZT-T. It had to do with the rear seatbelt fittings and how the belts were anchored and routed. She was able to put me on to one that would fit correctly (they only had two on their system).

Be careful and do not be tempted by a cheap one because you only need it for a couple of weeks and be prepared to have to spend three figures to get the correct one. Luckily it also fits my Volvo and is the one recommended by them.

As has been said Mothercare are well clued up its the only place my kids will use for child seats and quizzed me to make sure the one I had was ok. I know its not always a popular supplier but I actually used Halfords, they have a good range but make sure you ask to see the trained car seat sales person. If they are not on don't just buy what you think will do.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote