View Single Post
Old 18th March 2019, 08:00   #3
gadget1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi_crawf View Post
so as above, is there a way of fitting a seat ( the child will be 9 months old) in a ZT temporarily, it will only be needed for 2 weeks, it's a long time since I needed any child seats in a car of mine and things have changed a lot since then, it obviously has to be safe and legal, I'm in no rush as they are not coming over until October.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
If you don't have 'ISOFIX' then you are left with the usual option of conventional fitting of the child / baby seat.
This scenario is well catered for at any of the reputable outlets, just ask the peeps that deal with that kind of thing and no doubt they will advise you on what is best for you, the car, and more importantly ... the baby / child.
We opted for fitting the baby seat in the rear of the car and facing the rear, the reason for this was ... in the event of a 'bump' the babies head is not thrown forward (whiplash), it's not a complete fix especially if you are 'rear ended' but all the case studies done on the many variations of young passenger injuries suggest the option we took is pretty much as good as it can be, you can still keep an eye on the baby by fitting one of those mirrors to the rear window that focuses on the baby which you can observe while driving.
We were advised that the (rear facing 'front passenger') kind of seat fixing was not as favourable due to the potential airbag deployment and turning them off was just not an option we wanted to take.
One VERY important factor is this ... you would be surprised at how many people fit the seat incorrectly regarding seat belt route around the child seat etc: if you are at all unsure ...seek professional advice.
To sum up .... we have been through this many times both with our own children and now with the grand children so the option we took (above) suited us well but may not be suitable for you.
I'm certainly not qualified and no expert on this subject so please don't take what I have written as 'gospel', the best advice I can offer is to speak to the peeps that deal with this kind of thing daily such as ... Mothercare etc.
Hope you get it sorted.

Last edited by gadget1960; 18th March 2019 at 08:00.. Reason: typo
gadget1960 is offline   Reply With Quote