Thread: Test Drive
View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2015, 17:12   #11
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
I have just returned after test driving a Vauxhall Insignia diesel.

What I wanted to be able to say was I was disappointed, but no it was very smooth and civilised with no more cabin noise intrusion than a 75 diesel.

The driving position was good, the seats firm, and there were lots of nice trinkets to keep me occupied whilst driving.

But the best part of all, was the lack of blind spot which for me at least is the Achilles heel of the R40, doesn't matter where I position the driver seat on the 75, the windscreen A-Pillar always interrupts my field of view when approaching roundabouts.

The pedals are sensibly located, the information available from the "IPK" leaves the 75 looking very spartan by comparison.

The downside being the size of the rear window, were more than compensated for by a cavernous boot space.

In more than a few respects, it ticked the boxes for me, and I reckon this would have been akin to what the replacement for the 75 may have evolved into had Rover not collapsed.

While the styling is not as curvaceous as a 75, I would have to say this would be a more than worthy successor to the 75.

Brian
Was it a blue one by any chance? (I SAY blue, more like grey perhaps.....)
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote