Thread: War!
View Single Post
Old 30th September 2014, 13:46   #33
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREDPLY View Post
perhaps if a member of your family was beheaded or indeed a member of the fallen since 03 you would think differently ........
Thanks for your comments, I am interested in all views as it is important to take on everyone's comments whether or not I agree with them.

I don't know if I disagree with you as such, but I don't see the solution in what we are doing.

Re your comment above, I would be very upset and angry if the above happened to someone I knew or a close member or family as much as I was upset and angry that it happened to the people it did, but I would also be upset and angry to come home to find my family slain across the place from a cruise missile that had come down the chimney pipe whilst I had been at work and unfortunately that is happening to a lot of people as well.

We are at war as such, even though it seems so remote, but the initial flight by RAF tornados came back with weapons on board. Whilst I appreciate that they are not dropping them without care, I found it odd that the call to war was so pressing and overwhelming voted for in the House of Parliament, yet we seem to have not acquired any targets?

I would also like to better understand the financing of this group who's name has changed a few times and other groups are suddenly coming into the spotlight. Apparently IS are earning £1.2 million pounds a day from oil. How is this happening? Presumably they are not running around the desert with trucks of money? (or maybe they are and bombing those trucks might be a good thing) or is the money going through financial institutions be they legitimate or otherwise?

And as above, the money that has been spent and is being spent could be put to better use IMHO, by offering proper support to countries that need it rather than bunging even more weapons around.

Something useful, could be a safe haven area that could be defended with force, after all we can put a boat in the gulf that has 3000 people on it, the logistics of that must be quite large.

Re the political thing on this thread, I don't really see it as overtly political as all the major parties have supported airstrikes.

Maybe I am being naive, but not to explore other options and long term solutions I think is daft in itself.
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote