View Single Post
Old 18th March 2020, 13:51   #30
Ginger Teddy
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer conn SE Auto

Default Excess coolant from header tank

Hi folks have today fetched my ole faithhful back from the garage after having work done over the last three weeks.It has been several weeks since I spoke about the issues I had been having and asking for your advice ( ill health got in the way ) and seeking to get it rectified. I got all the parts from Mat at DMGRS and bought the full kit ( the Payen BW750 Elastomer kit) along with cambelt, water pump, bolts etc) and head skimmed. The day I picked it up I drove 10 miles and it overheated.The garage had fitted the MLS gasket on the recommendation of the guy who skimmed the head, and it was the last time that head could be skimmed.It went back to the garage and they then fitted the Elastomer gasket that I had bought and again the head bolts were replaced.It was still overheating and on their test drive it burst the main hose ( from t-piece down, I always carry a spare one in the car).The garage thought it may be the radiator as pipes were hot but rad was cold, so I thought we had come this far and bought a new, rad but on going to garage today for mot on another car I have it seems not to be the problem and they can do no more.I managed to drive it the 2 miles home and water was being forced from the cap as usual and after nearly £1200 in the last three weeks I have a lovely looking car that I have looked after for seven years and 15k of happy miles it appears we are at the end of the road.Such a shame, I feel quite gutted.Thanks to everybody who gave advice it was much appreciated, Regards Paul
Ginger Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote