View Single Post
Old 30th December 2019, 07:44   #26
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Teddy View Post
... by switching it to Econ mode I didn`t know it would stop the fan running ...
Yes, in 'Econ' mode the radiator fan will run only when high coolant temperature demands it. The air conditioning is switched off.
Quote:
When I used the car yesterday the car hardly had enough time to get warm ( only approx 1.5 miles round trip max ....) when I pulled into drive the fan was running and when engine switched off it continued for several seconds after.
In these circumstances I would like to know the coolant temperature reading given by the instrument pack diagnostics Paul.
Quote:
... taking it to the garage I feel it will be the usual line that we hear so often HGF instead of perhaps the correct diagnosis as it's easy money for them ...

What's more, some of the evidence you've given does not confirm head gasket failure. For example, no smell of combustion gases and the test you carried out on coolant level in the expansion tank when the engine was cold was negative.

The odd combination of symptoms which defies rational explanation leads me to suspect that K-Seal may be responsible. Could the garage which replaced the head gasket in 2018 have done that without your knowledge?

Simon