View Single Post
Old 29th December 2019, 10:43   #21
Ginger Teddy
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer conn SE Auto

Default Excess coolant from header tank

Hi folks, just a couple of questions regarding this issue, if someone could kindly answer for me. Just to answer what tc asked about whether header tank was overfilled prior to issue. No I have never overfilled it as I have read all of the advice on the club site over the years so I keep it where it needs to be( just on the max, and just fitted second new cap this year )I have used the car three times for very short journeys ( only to town and back and not above 30mph ) and done approx 12 miles without issue. Checked level before journey and checked that fan was working on single speed.I used it this morning to go to the shop ( approx 1.5 miles round trip )It was on return journey that the 2 speed fan cut in and ran for several seconds when engine was switched off. ( fitted gold resistor when purchased car as precautionary from Jules in Jan 2013 , could this possibly now be failing ? )I have just gone to car some 5 hours later and checked levels all appear to be ok, but on switching on the demist screen with aircon on econ the fan started on single speed for seconds then switched off. I repeated this test again and fan done exactly the same.Could this be the confirmation of HGF I had hoped it wasn`t ? Because of xmas hols etc have not taken it to garage as yet, and must admit a bit reluctant to as mentioned before, any advice appreciated Regards Paul
Ginger Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote