View Single Post
Old 28th December 2018, 15:01   #8880
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1960 View Post
Decided to take all you peeps advice and remove the manifold on my R75 cdt to do the de-coke job.
Such any easy task to unbolt it to tbh, I don't know why I was so hesitant at first.
Tried it first with Mr. Muscle oven cleaner foam for an hour .... not that good tbh, it removed the sooty and oily crud but hasn't touched the harder baked on coke... just softened it up a bit so hopefully the oven bag idea will have better results.
Borrowed the wifes oven cleaner (the bag type), poured it all in the manifold openings, put it in the bag and gave it a good shake for about 10 minutes.
It's now outside cooking as I type, probably won't go back to it until tomorrow morning and then i'll attack it with the pressure washer ... if it doesn't die first! (it's making some horrible noises).
Will post up results tomorrow at some point.
Not sure if this helps but one of the tricks I read to remove baked-on coke (the article was about changing leaking diesel injector seals) is copious amounts of Coca-Cola (other brands available). No experience of this myself but cheap enough to try.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote