View Single Post
Old 1st June 2022, 15:52   #165388
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Afternoon all, When the sun comes out from behind the clouds it's very warm indeed, I keep going out to open the doors on the greenhouses to stop me Toms from cooking
The roof windows have auto openers on them.

One of our cats has brought two live mice to the conservatory door only to let them go & chase after them again

Clearing room out of the fridge & freezer so it's either sausages in hotdog buns or Masala butter chicken curry wi rice I think I'll have some of each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
There were still "unfitted" trains when I started in 1980, primarily on engineering track maintenance trains. Loco brakes and the brake on the guard's "kennel" at the back. There were lineside signs approaching falling gradients "AWB" apply wagon brakes, you'd stop before going downhill, the guard would come forward from his brake van and apply handbrakes on individual wagons to the point where you had to power down the hill. Thankfully unfitted trans were a thing of the past by the time I actually became a driver.

Regarding firing, unless its one of those strange GWR right hand drive things you fire left handed even if you are right handed. I can "operate" a shovel with either hand. Your right foot remains planted and you use that as a pivot.

Unfitted, that's the term I couldn't think of That train of wagons I coupled to yesterday had ore wagons art the front with covered five slat braked wagons in the middle & ore wagons behind them. I couldn't pull away from Crewe yard and didn't know why

I had to go back to the manual & it says you have to release the brakes on the middle five slat covered wagons by pulling on a release cord underneath the wagon for 10 seconds there must have been 20 or so, Worked in the end though.

A few complaining about a women fireman as it wasn't period correct in 1958 but I suppose they have to be PC in this day & age, It's a pity as the crowds/people in the stations waiting to board trains are dressed in period clothing and the cars/buses & trucks are all period correct too.
There are still some bugs with the "fireman" as the shovel never shows coal on it when throwing it through the fire doors. Apart from that & a few other bugs awaiting patches to fix them it's brilliant.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote