View Single Post
Old 27th April 2022, 17:39   #164988
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Me and my big mouth.

I phoned Allen this morning and asked Allen if he wanted to drop Leafy, his ZTT, round I would get it cleaned ready for the weekend car show.
He wasn’t sure when he could get to me but hopefully he would drop the car off tomorrow.

So I carried on sorting Banana out. Cleaned all the interior, fitted her new Yellow mats, they have sat in the garage for nearly 3 years, so I thought I would fit them in.
In between all this I done some more washing and hanging it out on the whirly thingy.

Then Allen turned up. He had a free afternoon so he came round to help with the cleaning.
Now Allen’s ZTT is not a show car, she is a working car. Going out to the various boatyards down muddy lanes and following muddy tractors. Or parking in the dusty boatyards.

The last time Leafy was clayed and waxed was nearly 4 years ago. Been washed a few times.
So I rolled up my sleeves and we started. Water on first, then we shampooed, rinsed off. Then towelled dry. Whilst I started with the claying Allen set about scrubbing the wheels cleaned.

And after 5 hours we have a shining ZTT.

I’m knackered, but happy with the result. I don’t care but I’m having a cider or two this evening.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote