View Single Post
Old 25th January 2020, 04:29   #550
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Good spot guys.
The reflectors are a requirement for imported cars to pass our Provincial safety test (There are red ones on the rear as well) I really do have to take the heat gun to them and get them off, although I may leave them on until spring brings lighter driving conditions.
The other requirements were Daytime Running Lights (easy thanks to TOAF) and DOT approved headlamp lenses. Luckily for me "E" markings are also acceptable although I had a bit of a set to when the inspector failed my ZT as both lenses didn't have them. I had to take him out to the car and point out that the two lenses were actually one lens with the bumper covering the middle. Did he ever look embarrassed, but he did change the paperwork.
The straights are going ion for refinishing in the spring which will be a huge improvement.

The ZT is very rare in Canada. The next closest ZT is in Ontario, a couple of thousand miles east, and that one actually belongs to a friend of mine who uses it when he visits from Newfoundland.
There are two 75's locally, one 5-speed, one auto, both V6s, owned by a friend who also imported my ZT. (All from The Netherlands)

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 15th February 2020 at 16:19..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote