View Single Post
Old 31st January 2019, 00:21   #1
madsega

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Rover 75 V6 - Newbie help

Hello guys,

This is my first post and wanted to say I'm glad to be part of the Rover community. I recently purchased a Rover 75 Saloon V6, year 2000, Manual EU version and I know about cars as much as I know about quantum physics Well, maybe a bit more

This car is pretty banged up and need to change a whole lot of things but mainly I have these few points. If you have any idea about anything I write here, please let me know so that I can restore this great car.

The bonnet is not opening because of the cable being shot somewhere (the previous owner put a metal wire attached to the main wire but it's still not working). After following a tutorial here, I took the wheel off, pulled the plastic cover behind the wheel and found this hose completely shot. Any idea what it is used for, how it's named and what is the proper position? I found it on the bottom where all that dirt is, facing the wheel. There's a lot of dirt there so I'm wondering if it was pulling dirt into the engine, into the car or where exactly?

After managing to open the bonnet I see that I need to replace the cable coming from the lever to the black box where the other 2 cables are connected. Are these the correct parts to order? https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-FSE000130 and https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-FTU000010

Third thing, the accelerator pedal is very hard, I really need to put pressure on it to accelerate and the first centimeter of pressing does nothing. After a few reading, I'm thinking of ordering new springs and an accelerator cable. Do you agree or could it be something else?

Also, the clutch pedal is very hard. The previous owner said he fitted a BMW clutch kit or some part because it fitted and was way cheaper. Not so sure it was a good call. I'll have to see exactly what part is wrong and replace just that or the whole clutch kit.

There was steam coming out of the Tank assembly-coolant system when the cap was on. Do I need a new cap (and which one https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID001598 ) or could it be something else?

While opening the oil cap, upon a closer inspection I found something that I'm not entirely sure it's supposed to be there or not. I also see deposits (black gunk on the bottom) which maybe I could clean them out somehow? What's the term for this container where I put the oil in? Also, should there be more oil, it looked pretty empty?

With your help, I managed to diagnose the faulty reverse light switch, as the reverse lights aren't working, neither the parking sensors.

I'm also missing a Rover badge on the right side so if you guys can point me to where I could buy one, would be much appreciated.

Thinking that I will have to change all the filters, would I need a fuel pump clip I've heard so much about or is this model not affected?

The among the faults are the interior back lights not working, rear electric window not working (I can hear the motor clicking when I try to roll the window down), the rotors and brakes are rusty, LCD screen has missing lines and it's in german, the black box above the fuse box (passenger side) has the clamps broken and it's just hanging..

All the door handles chrome rings have clamps broken, if you know where I can get this as well would be great

I'm gonna leave it at that for the moment, don't want to freak you out. Sorry for my not so good english and my lack of auto expertise, so any help you could provide, would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by madsega; 1st February 2019 at 07:06..
madsega is offline   Reply With Quote