View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2019, 22:24   #16
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
To alleviate a little your pain Rick and to go into your own way, I may add that buying my 75 in September 2017 for 3,600€ (£3k +, used cars are not so cheap here in France & in Europe than in the UK), I easily added 2,500€ (£2k +) to cure all the niggles & gremlins and to get her back to her former glory (bodyshop, paint, shock absorbers, VIS motors, passenger mirror, alloys, steering wheel, GPS, lots of services, & minor injuries or deficiencies) and I did not complain to the seller because I'd freely accepted the deal and I've only one word.
And I should add that I did expect to open my purse for that and that now I'm delighted & over the moon by the result!
I feel sorry for you and I wish you all the best for the future: forget that lad if you can.
Cheers, you I've never noticed you're based in France. The LHD 75's and ZT's sure do fetch a lot more money in the rest of Europe. There's a lot of them about too, i have so many followers on my facebook page that are outside of the UK and own these cars. There's a lot in Holland, get quite a bit of work from there, some in Switzerland, a lot in france spain Germany and portugal, Poland, Lithuania, turkey, there's quite a few in Australia and new zealand. One guy even has an mgf and zt imported in canada who contacted me last year.

Everywhere else they go for good money, its just here in the uk they sell for peanuts.

Glad to hear you've got yours sorted and are enjoying it now

Quote:
AHH, the joys of selling a a car. I will be running mine into the ground then scrapping them. The joy of bangornomics.
Never again i dont think, dont think i'll ever bother trying to save a 75 or zt again. I cant keep extra ones and cant be dealing with this again if i were to save one to sell on. Not that my dads 75, my typhoon zt or mt fiance's typhoon tf will ever be up for sale, if i were to sell my zt-t 190 SE i'll probably just px it at a garage if i can.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 24th January 2019 at 11:04..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote