View Single Post
Old 14th February 2020, 12:21   #45
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

I will sound out Damon about breakfasts nearer the day, but we went from having over 20 in number to a handful and as Steve says its not viable to open up, employ staff, buy the food, cook it, wash up etc for such a few so if numbers do not return then it wont be possible.

The uncertainty with numbers was partly due to change of tenant(s) as all had different ideas, standards and prices, and some of our owners either didnt like the food or the price etc and voted with their feet as we have had no consistency in terms of services provided for a long time now.

The last tenant did an all day breakfast and that seems to me to be a good compromise as those that want it can wander in and buy it whenever without us having to give any advance warning of numbers.

We use the field for free and we cant guarantee to the new tenant who from our owners will go into the pub and buy a drink or food but the more of us that wander in and buy something the more he will notice people from our meet using his pub, and as Steve said might only be a break for coffee, doesn't always have to include food but please support it as much as you feel able which will all help.

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 14th February 2020 at 12:26..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote