Thread: New ZS EV
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2019, 13:08   #9
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Read a recent online road test on the ZS EV this week and it was given a fair review but criticised for being about 5 years behind everybody else's designs when compared to new products. They criticised build quality over competition and battery life, saying 168 mile life generally expected by the manufacturers claims was reduced to 110 miles in their testing in winter conditions so considerably limiting its use. The did conclude however that it was reasonable value for money.

At the moment I'm happy to carry on with my Volvo daily driver but looking to the future electric looks on the cards. An electric vehicle would be totally acceptable for my daily usage but what about when I go to see my kids in the west country. Getting there could be a real pain, and recently down there I only found one charging point in use in a supermarket. A friend has a mate with a Nissan Leaf who lives about 60 miles away. He visited a couple of weeks ago and couldn't make the round trip without having to stop for 40 mins on the way back to recharge. That cars spec says it should have done it without a charge but it couldn't. Winter temps reducing mileage? who knows. Its this real world actual figures that puts me off. Maybe a PHEV would be the answer for me.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote