Thread: New ZS EV
View Single Post
Old 19th December 2019, 12:39   #8
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

The government grant applies to all EVs, for the time being at least. The MG discount is on top of that alright, but it looks like I was mistaken and it is in fact still a limited offer - see here. Still means that the price for the higher spec version shouldn't exceed £23495, rather than £25k. If however the dealer says that the September discount for their next 1000 customers has already been used up since then, perhaps you could still use it as haggling point.

In terms of the charging socket, it's not just the height of it but the fact that the cover opens out and up, meaning that unless you're under a metre in height you will still have to crouch at the front of the car each time you want to fit the charger. Seems it's also not easy to see what you're doing if it's dark.

This owner review from earlier in the month is probably worth watching - it's a pretty honest one from a couple with a young child who have had their ZS EV for two months, covering 3000 miles in that time. Looks like range at full tilt on the motorway might be closer to 140 miles than 150. It's mostly very positive, but they also mention things they'd rather were different - towards the end, that includes what they've done to partly address the poor design of the charge port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnQg...=emb_rel_pause
A Nigerian mother of three
andymc is offline   Reply With Quote