Thread: New ZS EV
View Single Post
Old 18th December 2019, 22:51   #7
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymc View Post
I thought the price of the ZS EV had been reduced permanently to around £22k? That started out as an introductory offer, but I saw a press release going back maybe 6 weeks or more to the effect that it was no longer limited to the first 800 buyers. Might be worth doing a bit of digging to check that.

The ZS certainly looks like one of the better value EVs on the market - not too small, and still under £25k. Range of at least 150 miles at higher speeds, rising to about 235 if most of your driving is around town. There's a larger-battery variant about to be released in Asia which should make its way over here soon enough - if I remember correctly, 70kWh in comparison to the current version's 44kWh. That would give it a minimum range between charges of around 240 miles on a faster run, closer to 370 for mainly urban driving.

There were only two things I saw about it which would make me think twice if I was in the market for one. Firstly, the charge port cover seems to be quite awkward to access - you have to hunker down at the front of the car to see where you're putting the plug. Secondly, I would need to be sure it was comfortable over longer distances - apparently the steering wheel only adjusts for rake, not reach, and I think there is no adjustable lumber support either. Of course, neither is a definite deal breaker as it's possible that it might all be perfectly acceptable as is, but I do prefer to be able to customise the seating position to maximise my own comfort.
I can't remember exactly what he said but there's 2 offers on it, 1 is a grant from the government, and the other is MG, split £3,500 and £2,500, can't remember which is which though. He said the MG part is confirmed as still on offer for the 1st quarter of next year, as they're just throwing money into trying to get market share at the moment. What happens in the 2nd quarter is uncertain though.

I've not tried the charging socket from a practicality point of view, but I liked it hidden away. My wife is only little so shouldn't be too much of a problem for her. And I didn't check the steering wheel, or the seat adjustment, but only 50 miles each way to work I shouldn't imagine the lumbar adjustment would be too important.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote