Thread: New ZS EV
View Single Post
Old 18th December 2019, 00:39   #5
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

We went to the MG dealer today, I wasn't feeling great so thought it best not to get behind the wheel of a strange car, so it was only my wife that drove it. She really likes it, and will be placing an order as soon as we can. She said it was comfortable, smooth, quick, and everything in the interior was placed right.

I had a sit in it in the car park, and despite being in her seating position, so far too close to the wheel for me, I could see what she meant, everything is within easy reach of the driver. I like that it's still got proper analogue dials, and not just some computer display. The cabin is a pleasant place to sit, no a see of horrible 'soft' plastics, even the design of the air vents is quite stylish. I was surprised with how well built it seemed. Considering the price range, (admittedly the EV is more expensive, but still at the cheap end of the market) I was expecting it to rattle and all feel a bit loose, but even the doors closed with a nice gently. Only issue with the interior for me, was as is with many cars, the placement of the cupholders, in the centre console, but too far back. I know a lot of people don't rate the 75/ZT drivers cupholder, and yes you do bump you knee on it when changing gear sometimes, but they are perfectly placed for getting and putting back a drink without looking. The ZS EV you would have to look, and bend your arm at a weird angle.

All in all, we were impressed with the quality and the gadgets you get for £25,000. The interior stying reminded me of her parents Jag F-Pace, though I know it's all leather effect and not genuine leather like the Jag, but it is has the price.

Only negative thing she said about it was that in reverse, it's a bit sensitive on the accelerator, so need to go careful.

On the way home in her rattly Qashqai she kept complaining how noisy it was compared to the smooth and silent ZS.

Hopefully putting in an order early part of next year.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote