View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2019, 15:51   #16
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve42 View Post
... fitted new thermostat and sender unit from dmgrs . the thermostat was rated at 82c.
Steve; 82 degrees C is moulded into the upper thermostat casing of a genuine MGR part but it should be ignored. The thermostat inside will definitely not open until 88 degrees. I have tested it.

Quote:
... temp did move about depending on rpm due to the water pump pushing slower or faster.
By how much did the temperature vary, can you give us some figures please? When the car is moving the temperature should be reasonably stable in the low nineties. However, if you are saying that temperature variation is directly linked to engine speed, rather than road speed, then you still have a problem. In that case I would suspect that your cooling system isn't pressurising due to a minor leak somewhere.
Quote:
... now before we changed the items my v6 petrol 2.5 allways ran at 93 only hitting the 100c when standing still.
That's normal.
Quote:
... only problem i have had is the coolant filler cap. again brand new from dmgrs ... the top of the cap broke off in my hand and left the valve part in the filler part of the tank.
Please see my earlier reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
I'd suggest that you change your supplier to a recognised X-Part dealer.
Simon