View Single Post
Old 16th August 2018, 17:00   #62
Alikris
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8 Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post
Jesus , I cant believe somebody hasn't jumped on this and sorted it out. !!!
who the hell wants to push and pull 27 levers and all the steam and whistles.
Christ I just appealed a parking ticket by email with attached photos which was less effort.
Uploading photos into posts or your own photo album on the forums is very easy to do. Why blame others for your apparent incompetence?

Also, the forum software has not been created by the forum admin, it's an off the shelf forum software solution with a photo album plugin. If you feel you could do better, then why don't you? I assume by your complaints that you have a good working knowledge of PHP scripting language, HTML, CSS and MySQL databases, so have a full understanding of what is involved?

It doesn't take "27 levers and all the steam and whistles." I've just uploaded a photo to my album and inserted it into this post. 8 Clicks from start to finish.

Yes, it can take fewer clicks to insert photos into emails (depending on where your photos are stored). But this forum isn't an email.

I realise that this forum isn't running the latest version of VBulletin, but then upgrading forums software isn't childs play and many people who try it loose everything in the process. These forums work well, uploading and inserting photos into posts is very straightforward to do. If you don't like it or can't learn how to do it, then that's your problem.

Tapatalk is third party software over which the forum admin has no control. It is not needed or necessary. The forum works very well on my tablet without Tapatalk. Furthermore, phones and tablets are conveience devices, they are not fully featured computers. One should not expect to do everything on a phone or tablet that one can do on a proper computer.

Ali.
  • Vicky: born Thursday, 15th April 2004 @ 08:20:55. The 95,246th 75 to be produced, and the 4,783rd 75 in British Racing Green Pearlescent.
Alikris is offline   Reply With Quote