View Single Post
Old 14th June 2015, 21:22   #27
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

A small update and a bit of a productive few days

Before replacing the interior back end parts there were a few things I wanted to do.

Firstly now the reversing sensors were fitted and working after visiting Thomas the other day I thought it would be nice to fit rear blind

Anyway I managed to pick up a working blind on the wrong colour parcel shelf so I needed to fit it to my shelf. I could have done the wheeler dealer thing of spraying the shelf but I don't like this it seems a bit a bodge.

The shelves already have the cut outs marked on the carpet side and on the hardboard

Because I was cutting from the underside I marked the moulding with black pen and also measured from the original shelf that came with the blind additional areas that needed cutting out and drilling.

Using a sharp Stanley knife I cut out carefully along the lines I had made to give me the opening

The next thing to do was recover the mounts from the original shelf and clean them up for glueing to my shelf. Only 2 of each are required as the centre mounts are already in place

Using the centre mounts as a datum I bolted and clipped the blind in place to give me the positions of the other mounts. There are indents in the moulding to show where they get glued but I wanted to mount the blind to get the exact position. 3 of the mounts use plastic clips and 3 use screws to fix the blind in place.

Once the position was gained I glued the all 4 mounts in place and left the glue to dry overnight.

The next day I clipped and screwed the blind to the mounts and fitted the end finishers.

Then using a 12v supply I tested the blind to make sure it operated ok

Then cleaned the shelf up ready to fit to the car

Next job was to get the rear seats back to a decent standard.

as you can see they needed a really good clean. I used a carpet/upholstery cleaner and was brutal with it to get the alacantra clean.

the colour of water tells it own story

The seats were left in the sun to dry and then the alacantra was rubbed down with 160 grit wet and dry (in the dry state) to de bobble.Yep I did say rubbed down with 160 grit. the seats were then brushed off and the leather was deep cleaned and treated with conditioner to give the finished articles

The last thing to do was fit a rear cup holder.

As with everything I have done on this car I cleaned the parcel shelf, trims etc before refitting everything.

Then the parcel shelf was fitted. I found it easier to fit with the side trims and aerial amps removed When I removed the grey side trims I found that someone else had been enjoying the car at some point. I have not found anything else to suggest the little fella is around but I fitted a replacement trim

The parcel shelf was fitted and was definitely easier with the trims and amps removed

I then refitted all the trims which again had been cleaned up.

Then refitted the seats

Next up is the front seats, carpet, centre console, handbrake compensator etc

Hope this gives everyone a bit of an update on progress. Some of the replacement oily bits have arrived which have been put away for the time being. I will have to complete the breaking up of the blue car before I move onto the oily bits

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888

Last edited by jonc3725; 20th August 2017 at 20:21..
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote