View Single Post
Old 31st August 2013, 12:05   #1032
Martin75
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDti Auto Saloon 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
I am waiting for another update, but the position is the cost of repair is almost the same as buying a new one, but the new one has a different cutting head so Simon is talking to the manufacturer to make sure it will do what he wants it to.

I suggest you still place your orders as he might have stock
It's probably a question of projected return on the capital involved. By performing a few 'what ifs' on Excel (isoquant) a focus for the timing of 'pay back' would emerge. This achieved, If Simon, or Rob were to maybe put a survey on here and the other two 75/ZT platforms, showing the type of prices per unit needed to justify the outlay then feasibility for progression or termination could be established?

This marque is a mature, closed market, as are other makes with similar features. The modern production car currently rejects yesterdays image of wood finish. Therefore both Simon and ourselves are faced with declining demand within a niche market. Also for Simon and probably us too, there's the case of advancing years, in his case as a cautionary consideration to speculation and for us with a fading timeline to complete the satisfaction of want.

Personally I'd be prepared to advance some money interest free, with say a 3 year term of re-payment, to enable a fine craftsman to continue his work. Pretenders to Simon, could perhaps purchase his intellectual property, re-tool and then probably charge more any way, because that's human nature.

Just a thought...
Martin75 is offline   Reply With Quote