Thread: Tablet in car
View Single Post
Old 22nd August 2012, 19:59   #15
Rocket
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE HIGHLINE TOURER MANUAL 2.5 V6

I got the mount for the tablet today and it looks ok especially as it was about £6 on ebay. The tablet is a bit large for window mounting so I tried the mount on top of the dash but it won't suck onto the dash board top. I have now ordered an adhesive pad to stick on top the dash and then the mount should suck onto the pad. Offering everything by hand I should be able to mount it in front the clock.

Also today, I got the connects2 aux adapter. After a brief look it was apparant it would not fit onto the connector that plugged into the CD autochanger. So I thought it must plug in up behind the highline monitor. I read up on how to take the monitor out and it was dead easy. I still could not figure out where to plug in the connects 2 thingy as the CD changer wires just go into a loom. After more reading I think the connects2 thing plugs into the audio unit in rear wheel well. You unplug the connector that goes to the CD changer and then plug in the connects2 device. This does not help much as I don't really want to be running wires from front to back.

The easy way out was a cassette adapter. I can put it in the cassette deck and just have a short wire going up above the eyebrow on the dash. So I bought one of these and tried the audio on the tablet. It is great. With a bit of fiddling and playing with the equaliser and base boost, I got the tablet to output the best audio I have had through the highline system. It still is not top class but it's not bad. I use a music app called N7 on the tablet and it is superb.

I could put the CD changer back in if I wanted, but I did not use it before so I think I will just be grateful for the extra space in the glove box.

I am now waiting for the adhesive pad to enable mounting the tablet and the I can try everything it in situe.

http://www.paulstickley.com/
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote